Frequently Asked Questions
Q What is OPENLINE OPEN MIND?
A This is a phone-in service for adults 16+ for Mental Health and Addictions help in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. Open Line Open Mind 613 310-OPEN (6736) is open anytime, confidential and free to anyone to call when they need information and support for all mental health and addictions related services.
Q Can I call for the person?
A Yes, with the person’s permission, agency staff or the person’s friend/family member may assist / sit with the person while they make the call, or the person may make the call themselves.
Q But what if someone wants to call at 3 a.m.?
A We’re always OPEN. People may call 24 hours/day, 365 days per year.
Q Will a person be “on-hold” for a long time when they call?
A All staff have been trained to help you. It is anticipated that calls would be answered within minutes, in a timely fashion.
Q Will I be given an appointment once I call?
A Some issues can be resolved over the phone, others may be referred to another agency and some clients will be asked to come in for a follow-up with a professional.
Q Where would my appointment take place?
A Our head office is at Belleville General Hospital at the Crisis Intervention Centre, however we do have outreach appointments available in Trenton, Picton, Bancroft and Madoc too.
Q Do I have to tell my story many times?
A No, the intention is that the Central Intake assessment will harmonize with individual agency processes.
Q When I phone in, what will happen?
A A trained mental health and addictions professional will answer your phone call. You can expect caring, professional help with no judgments. Please see What to Expect here on our website to learn more.
Q What agencies and support groups to you work with?
A OpenLine OpenMind works with all community agencies in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. We take the confusion out of where to go, who to talk to when you need help.
Agencies & Supporting Partners
Some of the community agencies and supporting partners for Adult Mental Health and Addiction Services are:
- 3 Oaks Foundation
- Access Centre for Hastings & Prince Edward Counties
- Addictions Centre
- Anxiety & Mood Disorders Support Group
- Assertive Community Treatment Team
- Belleville Police Service
- Canadian Mental Health Association Hastings Prince Edward
- Centre for Addictions and Mental Health
- Children's Mental Health Services
- Counselling Services of Belleville & District
- Crisis Intervention Hastings Prince Edward
- Hastings County Social Services
- Hastings & Prince Edward Health Unit
- Mental Health Support Network Hastings Prince Edward Corp.
- Mental Health Services Hastings Prince Edward Corp.
- Ministry of Health & Long Term Care
- Mental Health Advocacy Committee
- Pathways for Independence
- Providence Continuing Care Centre, Mental Health Services
- Quinte Assessment & Treatment Group Inc.
- Quinte Health Care
- Sexual Assault Centre of Belleville & District
- Youth Habilitation Quinte Inc.